The Project Manager I is responsible for the planning, execution, and control of activities within a project. The Project Manager must provide reliable, timely, and professional management of our scope of services throughout the life cycle of simultaneous projects including estimating, cost, tracking, scheduling and implementation. The CUSITech Project Manager will leverage PMO tools and templates in accordance with project management training and experience. This role is expected to demonstrate leadership, accountability, proactive communication, and teamwork in the delivery of duties. The Project Manager I must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the projects, workload and company needs. This role will also need to develop, create, and produce various deliverables and documentation and be able to effectively lead teams. Strong communication skills and understanding of technology are necessary.
- Consistently apply and deliver projects according to the CUSITech Project Management Methodology
- Project plan design including milestones, schedules, Work Breakdown Structure, internal/external communication plans, risk/issue/action item registers
- Responsible for RACI assignments and holding all resources accountable to their assigned tasks
- Single point of contact for all Client and CUSITech project related communications to stakeholders, development and review of internal/external weekly project status reports, maintaining meeting minute distributions, and escalation management
- Responsible for project execution and reporting against cost, schedule, and quality constraints
- Responsible for change management identification, elevation, and recommendations for resolution
- Responsible for vendor performance
- Responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, and oversight of assigned Project Coordinators
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis
- Full responsibility for overall management of assigned simultaneous projects from award and pre-construction through final acceptance & close-out.
- Effectively manage the activities for assigned projects, including procurement of material and scheduling of labor for national roll-outs.
- Responsible for the financial success of projects by managing costs and margins.
- Negotiate and source suppliers with proper skill sets to complete assigned projects.
- Provide Technicians, and field staff with all necessary information, specifications and supplies to complete every job correctly.
- Actively participate in the project delivery process; provide ongoing review of plans and specifications, monitor field directives and change orders; set effective schedules and track commitments; implement recovery schedules, update and make recommendations to resolve field conflicts.
- Establish job requirements for each project.
- Work closely with Project Coordinators to coordinate & oversee subcontractors.
- Effectively communicate with CUSITech team members, including customers, contractors, suppliers, consultants, building department officials, etc.
- Manages the project, employees, subcontractors and contract labor with a safety mindset.
- Attend and participate in meetings for estimating, planning, site coordination, project review & walk-through throughout the project.
- Visit assigned projects and customer locations on as needed basis.
- Scheduling contractors and technicians to worksites and coordinating within these jobs and projects.
- Validate that proper deliverables occur where required, e.g., sign-offs are scheduled and completed, dependent paperwork and documents are completed, data base job cases are updated, etc.
- Maintaining relationships with third-party suppliers, plus interfacing with our customers’ project management teams.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field (preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience working in project management with success shown in the ability to manage teams.
- Professional and trade certifications are preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of prior Project Management or CUSITech Project Coordinator experience.
- Mastered the basic functions and consistent use of Microsoft Office
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to clearly communicate via phone and/or computer.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Critical thinking, decision-making and organization skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage assignments and project tasks simultaneously.
- Mentoring skills to contribute to the training and development of project coordinators.
- Flawless attention to detail and possess significant skills in multitasking and organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Attendance must be regular, prompt, and dependable.
- Ability to travel for project needs.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level at the job sites can be loud.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is constantly required to communicate by phone and in person, operate computer, as well as remain stationary (seated or standing) for up to 90% of time or greater. The associate is occasionally required to move about with-in the office or at a job site.
Vision requirements include; clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as distances 20 feet or greater. The ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left to right while eyes are on a fixed point. Three-dimensional vision (depth perception) is necessary as well as the ability to identify colors.
The associate is seldomly required to move more than 25 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain every duty or responsibility the associate may be asked to perform. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.