The Construction Project Coordinator I position will support our Project Managers, they will ensure projects are completed within budget and on time and overall successful. They will be responsible for the execution of construction management activities for assigned client projects. This position will be accountable for managing the overall project performance and implementation including project management, scope development, cost analysis, safety, quality control, scheduling, and customer satisfaction.
The focus of this position is a confident, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them The Construction Project Coordinator I must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the projects, workload and company needs.
- Communicate with vendors.
- Working in a highly skilled team with ongoing development opportunity.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Report project status and performance data as required to management.
- Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials, and subcontractors.
- Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Develop budgets for client project in coordination with scope of work.
- Ensure that all PO’s and Change Orders are received and/or in process in a timely manner.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Procure and provide all carrier materials for a project to a site by timely and accurately specifying required materials and coordinating with internal/external individuals as required.
- High School Degree or equivalent (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field (preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience working in project management.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of projects.
- Knowledge of construction technology.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 a plus.
- Constructability knowledge.
- Knowledge of project budget process and project controls.
- Project Management experience.
- Must be proficient in establishing, maintaining, and managing sub-contractor relationships.
- Proficient computer skills: email, Microsoft Office Excel/Word, and related photo management software.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and make decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in management skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to travel for project needs.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level at the job sites can be loud.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is constantly required to communicate by phone and in person, operate computer, as well as remain stationary (seated or standing) for up to 90% of time or greater. The associate is occasionally required to move about with-in the office or at a job site.
Vision requirements include; clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as distances 20 feet or greater. The ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left to right while eyes are on a fixed point. Three-dimensional vision (depth perception) is necessary as well as the ability to identify colors.
The associate is seldom required to move more than 25 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain every duty or responsibility the associate may be asked to perform. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.