We are CUSITech, a bold and innovative team of IT service techs and specialists providing consistent, on-site electrical, low-voltage, and hardware installation services for a variety of industries all across the country. Let’s rewind for a second here because we know that sounds a bit complicated. Basically, we help industry giants seamlessly manage their IT infrastructure projects from initial specs to successful rollouts. A vital part of making sure the Fortune 500 companies we work with are good to go is ensuring we have the most up-to-date sales and marketing expertise behind us at all times. That’s where you come in, bringing that noggin full of social media and content marketing know-how to our team.
Not your typical internship. Now, we like coffee as much as the next bunch, but we know how to make it ourselves. This may come as a surprise to you as well, but you’re not responsible for cleaning up after us either. The term ‘internship’ has gotten a bad rap and we get that looking for one comes with the fears of 20-order Starbucks runs, hours of photocopying, and sitting in the corner taking notes. Our Marketing department, and CUSITech in general, is growing exponentially and we don’t want you just dipping your toes. You’re getting thrown right into the pool with us. Don’t worry though, we’ve got plenty of floaties.
Here’s lookin’ at you. You’re an overly ambitious, highly organized undergraduate student whose ideal future is stock-full of turning what’s trending into tangible company growth. Understanding marketing techniques and customer mindset come naturally to your talented self, and you enjoy diving deep into the market analysis to back it all up. You’re up to date on the Tweeter, Grams, and TokTiks and the role they play in not only company branding, but wider connections. Juggling and communicating within multiple projects, public outlets, and marketing channels thrills you and even though you’re soon to be our hero, the customer is always yours.
What’s on your plate.
- Going to the market. Just kidding, but not really. You’ll perform detailed market analysis and research on the latest trends so CUSITech can take that grocery list of knowledge and turn it into connection, increased ROI, and nailing our KPIs.
- Staying social. You’ll be designing and presenting new social media campaign ideas to our marketing team regularly. Part of staying social also means consistently monitoring our platforms for news, concepts, and feedback.
- A bit of creeping. Knowing what our competitors are up to, what pain points they’re not addressing, and how their customers react to their marketing are all important to our own marketing strategy. You’ll stay current with and evaluate their digital content and presence so we can make sure our value props and unique selling points come across loud and clear.
- Planning for the best. A large part of your internship will be preparing promotional presentations that take all the research and analysis you’ve done, apply current content marketing techniques and strategies, and then detail our next best steps as a marketing team. You’ll also be a valuable part of constructing our mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
- Lending a helping hand. Sometimes we’ll need assistance with regular administrative tasks or planning and hosting a Top Golf event. You’ll even help out with managing our army of Upwork freelancers we’ve brought on board. These are part of our daily to-do lists and we want you involved in every level of what our marketing team does.
Your end of the deal.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate course in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field
- Experience with marketing computer software and social media platforms, as incorrectly listed above
- In-depth knowledge of current marketing trends, strategies, and techniques
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about marketing, and hopefully CUSITech soon too
What you’ve just read is an accurate representation of our CUSITech culture, including the cringe humor. We take our work seriously, but not to a fault because we know those elusive brain lightbulbs only go off when people feel valued and comfortable. If you’re ready to start your career off on the right foot with a truly hands-on, engaging, no coffee order-taking marketing internship, we’d love to hear from you.