The Low Voltage Installer IT Field Service Technician – Lead position will lead, perform and manage the onsite implementation of various Cable Installation and Repair work as well as IT related activities such as Moves-Adds-Changes, Network Infrastructure Installations and
Upgrades, POS installs, Kiosk installs and Basic Field Service related tasks.
The position is client facing and requires exceptional customer service and the ability to provide excellent communication to the customer as well as the project management team. Must be self- motivated, with excellent time management skills, and the capability to complete projects on or ahead of schedule. Strong organizational skills are necessary for concise documentation, tracking of issues, providing notes and feedback as well as making in-field decisions for a positive result.
- Install, Terminate, Test and Repair Category 5, Category 6, Category 7, Fiber and other cable types.
- Installation of various cable support structures including cable raceways, J-hooks, conduit, inner duct and other related components.
- Perform installation and service of Computer or IT related Equipment per customer specifications and according to local guidelines.
- Lead and Manager crews of at least two technicians and helpers in a construction or commercial environment.
- Testing and certification of Computers, IT Equipment, Cabling, and other IT related equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair issues with network communications.
- Coordinate with the customer, other trades on the job site and team members for the purpose of completing projects effectively.
- Complete required documentation timely, in written and/or electronic formats.
- Follow specific communication requirements regarding job site as directed.
- Transport necessary items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure the availability of materials requires for the client site.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when needed.
- Manage materials inventory.
- Effectively read and understand prints and layouts.
- Attend meetings, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or learning information required to perform job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required).
- 2-year technical degree in related field (preferred).
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Driver’s License with safe driving record (required).
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years installing computer hardware or software or IT related equipment.
- 1+ years of experience installing/terminating category 5e and fiber optic cabling and/or installing and programming telephone systems and network switches.
- 2+ years in a supervision role.
- Ability to train and supervise others on the job.
- Acceptable background check.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehension of the terminology pertaining to installation and service of cabling infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of industry standard network cabling specifications and local electric code.
- Commitment to abiding by OSHA and all other safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Proficient communication skills with the ability to effectively relay information to the client as well as Project Manager and Coordinator.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage time and tasks.
- Ability to work in heights, with ladders, lifts and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to gain entry to restricted access areas
- Ability to identify colors and knowledge of electrical color codes.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work odd hours is necessary.
This position will operate at customer job sites in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments and will be exposed to inclement weather. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position requires the willingness to travel at least 75%. Work times will vary and require evening, weekend and overnight hours.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may frequently lift or exert force equivalent to lifting, up to approximately 75 pounds and may occasionally lift or exert force equivalent to lifting, up to 100 pounds. While preforming the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Associate is frequently required to stand and walk and occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
Vision requirements include; clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as distances 20 feet or greater. The ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left to right while eyes are on a fixed point. Three-dimensional vision (depth perception) is necessary as well as the ability to identify colors.
Speaking/hearing requirements include; the ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain every duty or responsibility the associate may be asked to perform. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.