The Commercial Project Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered successfully and on time. They collaborate with engineers and subcontractors to define project needs and oversee staff performance. The Commercial Project Superintendent will monitor projects from planning to completion, including tasks such as budgeting and scheduling. They follow quality standards and ensure the safety and security of the construction site. A construction superintendent also communicates and negotiates with external partners. This position will be required to travel outside of Colorado to our job sites. This will require travelling up to 75 percent of the time.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project and the continuous flow of work.
- Direct communication with Travel Project Manager.
- Ensure adherence to building plans, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Leading project field staff.
- Write RFI’s and submit to Travel Project Manager.
- Managing jobsite performance.
- Ensuring quality, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Weekly Tool Talk Box / Weekly jobsite Safety Inspection.
- Determining equipment and manpower needs.
- Maintain Daily logs, upload progress photos and as-built drawings.
- Maintaining short interval schedules.
- Attend Pre-Construction, Owner/Contractor meetings as needed.
- Familiar with IBC Code Book / OSHA CFR29.
- Coordinate subcontractors, suppliers, and workers to meet schedule requirements while still maintaining safety onsite.
- Inspecting work for quality and compliance with contract documents.
- Interacting with clients and/or owners in a professional manner.
- Communication with Building Inspectors and Life Safety.
- Travel to projects where needed.
- Handle all remote work outside of the state.
- High School Degree or equivalent (required).
- 5+ years of experience in construction, engineering or equivalent work Strong project management and communications skills.
- Willing to travel up to 75% (required).
- Knowledge of local construction codes and requirements
- Determine equipment, materials, and manpower needs for project.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 a plus.
- Strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with regulatory construction standards.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or in a similar role.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to lead and inspire.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors. Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other business machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain every duty or responsibility the associate may be asked to perform. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.