The ICT Tech is responsible for taking charge of advanced installation, testing, and troubleshooting of both copper and optical fiber installations. Technicians work both solo in the field, as well as part of a highly skilled installation team to complete a wide range of installation and service offerings. ICT Techs are responsible for the accurate generation of test reports, job status reports and as-built documentation as well as administrative reporting such as time sheets, van inventory reports, sub-contractor time logs, etc.
- Provide technical assistance with various tasks such as pulling, terminating, and testing copper, and fiber cable systems
- Installation and support of vendor-neutral cabling systems, resulting in high-quality infrastructure installations
- Conduct site surveys, determine proper cable paths, cable types, infrastructure requirements, etc.
- Install cable trays and various other types of cable support hardware
- Install racking and network cabinets both floor level and at heights
- Install conduit, j-boxes, fireproof sleeves, etc.
- Install digital signage and other various systems
- Install CCTV and access control systems
- Install audio / video systems
- Install various end user devices such as TVs, wireless speakers, credit card readers, WAPs, KDS components, etc.
- Conduct installations in compliance with all applicable local, state, and national building codes
- Collaborate with other team members to successfully implement high quality solutions
- Serve as the onsite point of contact during installations and service visits and work with the client and the CUSITech project manager to have a successful service visit every time
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience (preferred)
- BICSI INST 1 (preferred).
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license with safe driving record (required)
- Ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as punch tools, fish tapes, glow rods, crimpers, test equipment, and various power tools like hammer drills and saws
- Must be comfortable going into small areas to perform job duties.
- OSHA certification (preferred)
- Ability to read, interrupt, and update blueprints, cut sheets, and other relevant documents
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally within the office setting and with all outside contacts
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage time and tasks
- Ability to understand the entire scope of the assigned project and the systems you are installing or repairing
- Willingness to travel (required)
Medical, Dental, Vision
Long-term Disability (Company Paid)
Life/AD&D Insurance (Company Paid Up to $100k Policy)
401k (5% Match/Immediately 100% Vested)
11 paid holidays